Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Small Appliances I just can't live without!



Sunbeam Motor Stand Mixer- includes 2 SS mixing bowls, Heavy Duty Beaters; wire whisk and dough hooks.


NOVEMBER 17th is HOMEMADE BREAD DAY!!!!!

This is a superb mixer! Easy to operate. With 12 variable speeds for complete mixing versatility! The beaters included, creates anything from 'whisking meringue' to 'kneading pizza dough' and everything in between.

I have had the Motor Stand Mixer for over 10 years. There it sits on my kitchen counter. When Mom visits she admires it every time--calling it the "Trophy" of small appliances! Its the most reliable appliance for any recipe preparation! I chose to post the "Banana Bread" recipe which comes from The Good Housekeeping Cookbook 2001. I make this 'bread' on a weekly basis. - 'a la Julia' - is a combination of chocolate chips and chopped walnuts. As its baking, a wonderful aroma fills the air. Each morning my husband, Tony and I enjoy our coffee and tea as we savour a 'microwaved' slice for breakfast; for that 'just-baked' flavor every time.

Some of our favorite breads are from a wide range of categories many of them are biscuits, muffins, coffee cakes even pancakes and waffles. The 'Sour Cream Coffee Cake' from The Goodhousekeeping Cookbook is always a hit at Tony's office Christmas party. It's a classic and even tastes better the next day! Click here to check out a great selection of mixers and other great deals! jjhouseholdemporium.com
Your neighborhood baker - Julia




1 comment:

  1. I've been pining over a Kitchen Aide mixer. I wonder how this one compares.

    ReplyDelete